Published on 17th Jan 2023
On January 17th, 2023, the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) added nine new chemicals to their Candidate List of substances of very high concern (SVHC), bringing the total number of SVHCs on their Candidate List to 233
Below chemicals have been added to the list due to their potential for serious human health or environmental effects. Substances on the Candidate List are subject to additional restrictions under the REACH Regulation, and companies must take measures to protect workers and the environment from exposure to these chemicals.
- 11′-[ethane-1,2-diylbisoxy]bis[2,4,6-tribromobenzene] (CAS#: 37853-59-1, EC#: 253-692-3)
- 2,2′,6,6′-tetrabromo-4,4′-isopropylidenediphenol (CAS#: 79-94-7, EC#: 201-236-9)
- 4,4′-sulphonyldiphenol (CAS#: 80-09-1, EC#: 201-250-5)
- Barium diboron tetraoxide (CAS#: 13701-59-2, EC#: 237-222-4)
- Bis(2-ethylhexyl) tetrabromophthalate covering any of the individual isomers and/or combinations thereof
- Isobutyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (CAS#: 4247-02-3, EC#: 224-208-8)
- Melamine (CAS#: 108-78-1, EC#: 203-615-4)
- Perfluoroheptanoic acid and its salts
- reaction mass of 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropan-2-yl)morpholine and 2,2,3,3,5,5,6,6-octafluoro-4-(heptafluoropropyl)morpholine (EC#: 473-390-7)
Now it is very important for companies to be aware of these new chemicals and take the necessary steps to manage the risks associated with them. This may include conducting risk assessments, developing safe work practices, and providing employee training on the proper handling and use of these chemicals. our team of experts have years of experience in the field and can help you to ensure that your products meet all the necessary requirements.
Global PCCS helps manufactures to comply with REACh regulation by
- BOM analysis – Begins with a review of the product’s bill of materials
- Supply Chain Engagement – Engaging with suppliers is key to get required data
- Data Collection & Verification – Accuracy and completeness
- Preparing Declarations – Regulation Expert will ensure that it meets all of the necessary requirements
- Final Report submission – The final report on the presence of SVHCs in products has been submitted to Customer
Global PCCS Services on EU-REACH
- Registration Services
- EU-REACH Testing on various products
- Technical Dossier services
- EU-REACH Compliance Certificate
- Training on EU-REACH
- EU-REACH Obligation
We are always happy to support our customers through free consultation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. click here
“It’s time for companies to take on ‘scope 3’ emissions to tackle the climate impact of their products” opinions WEF in ongoing Davos conference.
Direct emissions are the primary focus for most companies, but it’s not nearly enough to stunt global warming and deliver on the Paris Agreement.
Since scope 3 emissions usually account for more than 70% of a business’s carbon footprint but aren’t generally reported on ESG (environmental, social and governance) reports,
shifting focus to this class is crucial in reaching climate targets. For more visit