On February 28, 2023, “Order of Department of Industrial Works No. 42/2566 regarding Hazardous Substance Management of Perfluorooctanoic Acid, Salt of Perfluorooctanoic Acid, and Compound Related to Perfluorooctanoic Acid” was published in the Royal Gazette by the Department of Industrial Works, Ministry of Industry of Thailand.
The order targets following 8 substances (CAS RN)
- Perfluorooctanoic acid（335-67-1）
- Ammonium Perfluorooctanoate（3825-26-1）
- Sodium Perfluorooctanoate（335-95-5）
- Potassium Perfluorooctanoate（2395-00-8）
- Silver Perfluorooctanoate（335-93-3）
- Perfluorooctanoyl Fluoride（335-66-0）
- Methyl Perfluorooctanoate（376-27-2）
- Ethyl Perfluorooctanoate（3108-24-5）
Requirements for industries
- By 18 April 2023, the manufacturer, importer, or possessor of the hazardous substances listed above must submit a Vor Or./OrKor. 33 form with the Order detailing the quantity of residual hazardous substances to the Department of Industrial Works.
- In addition, they will be further required to destroy hazardous substances by incineration and submit a proof of destruction of hazardous substances to the Department of Industrial Works with Vor Or./Or Kor. 34 by 19 June 2023.
- In case manufacturer, importer or possessor of above mentioned hazardous substances disagree with orders to proceed as above, they are entitled to appeal in writing to the Director-General of Department of Industrial Works by 30 March 2023.
Download the original text of the Order : –https://ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/documents/140D047S0000000006400.pdf
NewsJanuary 11,2019 EU Phthalate Restrictions: The European Union has finalized an expansion of phthalate restrictions under REACH, with most new restrictions... Read More